➳ May Resilience - Focusing on Gratitude

MAY RESILIENCE WEEK TWO

Focusing on Gratitude



I am not a fan of people saying "Well it could be worse" or "Some people have it worse than you do". In my opinion, it is very insensitive considering each of us has our own struggles. Some struggle more than others based on different events.

At the same time, it is our job to help ourselves heal and we are the only person that can help us through this process. Gratitude is part of the process to be thankful for things we are happy we have or grateful for what is still there. The purpose of gratitude isn't to compare our situation or make us feel guilty. It is to help us refocus on things that we can still be grateful for.

So, for example, I went through a very hard grieving process when my cat Mr. Sully passed away. In fact, it has been over a year and I still feel the pain from his loss. At the same time to help me balance my pain to be sure I can get up and go I try to tell myself I am grateful I have my other two cats. I am thankful that I took in my ragdoll before Sully died. Buddy was later adopted to keep Sweetheart company.

Having both my cats cannot replace my pain for Sully; however, they give me a reason to smile, be thankful I am not without the opportunity to bond with another feline.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our pain we forget that there are others out there depending on us. It is important we step back from time to time and remember things that we still have.

This Week's Project

So this week I want you to think of at least ten things you are thankful for.

Share your list with us!

Join our Online Community
https://momtikihut.net/groupitems/topic/view/group_id/86/topic_id/6404/tab/5510

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

☼ Go Green Challenge

დ Parenting Challenge

Come Alive - Life is a Journey